Wow, over a year and a half! Time to dust off the blog and post some more!
So I have been drawing at the office I am at (working with the family business) and have resorted to drawing on lined paper with pens. I still use sketchbooks, but drawing on lined paper allows me to make more mistakes (and subsequently learn from them) and treat these pads like real sketchbooks. I don't know why, but I have this phobia of being perfect. As though my sketchbook should be my very best work, even if the drawings are from photos, stills from cartoons or movies! I don't know, doubtful I am the only one who has trouble with this
Anyway, so I wouldn't say I have greatly improved since last. I have improved, if only slightly. My lines are still not that tight (as in they are scribbly), my knowledge still seemingly low, construction is still a bit of a challenge, and I am still stuck in my contour shell. At least that is how I have been viewing it, but that is what it is about. Climbing that hill so you can climb another!
Lets get down to it. There is some order to these drawings (in that they are oldest to newest) and some of them have been folded. Please ignore some of my written comments (and my terrible penmanship) they are just obvious statements that I like to make so I won't forget. I like to critique my own work, on my work.




























1 comment:
Hey Aaron! There's some very nice stuff in here. I can definitely relate to that note you wrote to yourself, wondering how to apply concepts from cartoony hands to drawing realistic ones. At my school we're just getting into the anatomy of the hand right now, and I'm really excited because realistic hands are one of my many weak points.
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment